A member asked:

What do you call a pediatrician specializing in neonatal-perinatal medicine?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Chad Rudnick answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

Neonatologists: neonatologists are pediatricians who specialize in treating newborn children who require higher level care, typically in a neonatal intensive care unit setting. To become a neonatologist, a doctor must complete a residency in pediatrics, and then a fellowship in neonatology. Further specialization can be done after neonatology.

Answered 11/11/2015



Related Questions

A member asked:

What is a neonatal pediatrician?

10 doctors weighed in across 3 answers

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor