brushing my teeth and saw a little bit of blood coming out when i spit, a little later i burped and a bunch of bright red blood came out. what is this?

Dr. Robert Sterling
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Get It Checked Soon!: Sounds like you should do a screen test for Exorcist IV. Short of that,maybe you have a gum infection and you've swallowed some of that blood and it came up. Of course you may have some problem lower down that has come up into the mouth that you confuse with bleeding gums. Now that I've confused both of us,first get your teeth and gums checked,if they're OK,get to an internist for blood tests, etc
Answered on Jan 16, 2015