U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 47-year-old member asked:

What is the treatment for infection of the uterine lining after childbirth?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Joseph Schifilliti
Obstetrics and Gynecology 40 years experience
Depends: If there is tissue remaining in the uterus a dilation and curettage may be needed. Other than that the mainstay to treatment would be antibiotics of course. The type and route of antibiotics would depend upon specifics of the situation.

Similar questions

A 45-year-old member asked:

What are the tests for infection of the uterine lining?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Guy VanDell
Obstetrics and Gynecology 24 years experience
Blood tests/biopsy: First with be a history and physical exam and then possibly blood tests. Also a biopsy of the uterine lining may be needed.
Last updated Apr 16, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.