Washington, DC

i have pots + chronic gi bleeding w/normal rbc. could dehydration mask anemia? i don't drink much b/c worsens diarrhea + causes constant peeing.

Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Neurology 33 years experience
Usually Not-: We're pretty good at picking up details such as higher than expected red cell counts due to things such as dehydration or other causes that could raise counts to be artificially high. We look at parameters such as urine specific gravity, orthostatic pressures, reactive markers that can be triggered in dehydration and anemia as well as something called the RDW which elevates during anemic periods.
Dr. Lois Freisleben-Cook
It is important to get those extra fluids with POTS.
Nov 28, 2014