Pikeville, NC

taking 325mg ferrous sulfate 2xs daily for anemia caused by bleeding during periods. ive got diarrhea is that a side effect?

Pathology 49 years experience
Can be: It is one of those situations in medicine where the phrase, "Constipation is the usual side effect, but diarrhea is not unheard of" applies. If you are not doing it, try taking the pills with meals. If diarrhea proves intractable, you could discuss getting iron by infusion, with your doctor.
Dr. Robert Uhren
Specializes in Family Medicine
Maybe: More likely side effects are constipation and black stools Anxiety is a cause of diarrhea