Seattle, WA

liklihood of a 25 yr old having lung cancer after clear chest xray, lungs sound clear, coughed up decent streak of blood, clearing throat alot?

Dr. Creighton Wright
General Surgery 56 years experience
Very low: Tracheitis or bronchitis more likely. But follow up with primary care.
Dr. Gerald Mandell
Nuclear Medicine 52 years experience
Hemoptysis: In children, lower respiratory tract infection and foreign body aspiration are common causes.In adults, bronchitis, bronchogenic carci. and pneumonia are the major causes. Chest radiographs sometimes assist with complementary diagnostic procedures, fiberoptic bronchoscopy and high-resolution computed tomography,useful in difficult cases & when malignancy is suspected.At 25 years cancer not common.
Dr. Louis Cooper
Any history of nosebleeds? If smoke, stop! Discuss blood issue with your doctor who ordered the chest x-ray!
Nov 23, 2014
Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 50 years experience
Near about Zero!: Lung Cancer is extremely rare before the age of 40. If you lung symptoms persist or get worse go see a pulmonologist to check you thoroughly.