Nashville, TN

how many calorie to consume to loose one pound a day?

There are 3,500: calories per pound. Since is more than most of us consume in a day - it would take physical activity as well as caloric restraint to lose at that kind of rate. By the way, that rate is too rapid for most people.
Dr. Rex Mahnensmith
Calories & weight: It takes about 3500 calories surplus -- i.e. more than calories burned - to build one pound of flesh. Conversely you must burn 3500 calories over what you consume to lose one pound of flesh. Hard to do that in one day. However, if you consume only 1500 cal per day, and burn 2000 cal per day, in seven days you will have burned 7x500 cal more than you consumed and you will lose a pound of flesh.