Northbrook, IL

i started taking seroquel (quetiapine) 50mg for sleep 11.14.14. it doesn't seem to be working. does it take time to build up in my system before it works?

Dr. John Moranville
Possibly: Sedation is a side effect of seroquel because it is a very powerful antihistamine like Benadryl (diphenhydramine). Though it is often used for anxiety and insomnia in doses up to 100 mg, there are many alternatives without risk of weight gain and other side effects. Above 100 mg it has more effect on serotonin and dopamine to help bipolar depression and schizophrenia