FL

I have prostatitis (pseudomonas oryzihabitans bacteria). is this a common bacteria? many antibiotics have failed to cure it. how come?

Dr. John Munshower
Infection: That bacteria is not that common but can certainly be cured with specific antibiotics that work against it. Since the bacteria is known, there most likely could have been or should be a sensitivity test performed on it, allowing you and your Doctor to know what antibiotics will treat it effectively. Best wishes.
Dr. Visalakshi Vallury
Unusual organism: Pseudmonas orzyihabitans is an unusual cause of infection in humans. It is commonly found in soil and rice paddies. It can cause infection in patients with lowered immunity or who have Indwelling catheters. It is usually susceptible to cipro, (ciprofloxacin) cephalosporins etc. I am puzzled at how you acquired the infection, what other information can you provide?
Last updated Oct 24, 2017