FL

I was treated for pseudomonas fluorescens & acinetobacter with cipro the infection was killed-then got infection again & was treated with cipro & tobramycin iv & the bacteria was resistant. i'm willing to try anything-new antibiotic halicin but not?

Dr. Donald Colantino
I assume that you're referring to a urinary tract infection. Is the current infection caused by acinebacter which is a notoriously multidrug resistant bacterium. The optimal choice of antibiotics to treat this type of infection is still unknown. I don't know enough about halicin which is rather new. Hopefully a specialist in infectious disease is involved in your care & working in collaboration.

Last updated Jul 23, 2021