havnt been wearing my invisigln for a yr after treatment, but have started wearing them again. can this prevent my teeth from shifting back?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
44 years experience Dentistry
Dentist/orthodontist: I would see the dentist/orthodontist whom placed the Invisalign and make sure that the fitted mouthpiece that you have right now is recommended.
Answered on Feb 3, 2015
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
35 years experience Dentistry
Invisalign: If you have not worn you aligners for a year, your teeth may have shifted or moved and the aligner would not fit well. Have you noticed any changes in your teeth? See you Invisalign provider for an evaluation to see if they fit well and discuss a retainer.
Answered on Feb 3, 2015
Dr. Arnold Malerman
52 years experience Orthodontics
Harm: You can actually do more harm that good trying to force your Invisalign retainer back in if teeth have shifted. Please return two the Dentist or specialist Orthodontist who supervised your treatment for a reevaluation. The best case scenario would be that your current retainers are adequate.
Answered on Feb 2, 2017