Saudi Arabia

I am hypothyroid with 100 mcg eltroxin.im vit d deficient.less than 7.my doc gave 45000 iu for 4 weeks.i gt pg in these 4 weeks.it will affect baby?

Dr. Matt Wachsman
Sure it isn't 4500?: because 45000 would be the highest dose I've ever seen. http://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancy-health/vitamin-d-and-pregnancy/ and the 4500 is standard as you can see. Furthermore, while there is an association between complications and low vita d, since Most PRegnant women have vita d deficiency, the risk can't be that bad.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Gregory Lewis
Urology 45 years experience
See answer: Both hypothyroidism and low Vitamin D can affect both pregnancy and the developing fetus. Thyroid hormones are crucial to fetal brain and nervous system development, especially during the first trimester. Vit D likely more crucial during the last trimester for adequate bone and skeletal growth. If well controlled and monitored, women with these problems can have healthy, unaffected babies.
Dr. Laura Anissian
No: It should not affect your baby but make sure your level is not too high. It can be stored in your body, Vit D that is, and so have level checked! Make sure thyroid dose is okay too. Needs change ( usually go up with pregnancy) and that is important for baby's neuronal development.
Last updated Feb 22, 2016