I know it's not save to take omeprazole a long period of time... how long is long period cause I tried to stop but the pain caused by heartburn came b?

Dr. Charles Cattano
38 years experience in Gastroenterology
Prilosec S.E.'s: Prilosec (omeprazole) is a very well tolerated medication & for most people has proven safe for YEARS of use. In the short term it can cause a number of dose-dependent side effects including commonly headache and diarhea. Longer term use carries other consequences (please see my earlier answer on this topic in healthtap). Balance benefit versus risk--
Answered on Nov 23, 2014