OH
A 32-year-old female asked about a male:

my 3 year old has had 2 dark gray clay like stools today. should i be concerned? i feel as if i should just take him to the er.

Dr. Oscar Novick
Gray colored stools: The gray colored stools may be due excessive amounts of milk. It doen't necessitate a visit to the ER unless he is in pain
Dr. Larry Xanthopoulos
No need for ER: Based only on the information you provided do not think pt needs ER. I would closely monitor the pt and make an appt with regular doctor in the meantime. If Pt is not bleeding rectally, not vomiiting, not in distress, then there is not reason to take to ER.

Last updated Nov 16, 2014