U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 48-year-old member asked:

Is there a way to test whether i will get keloids or not if i pierce?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Annette Occhialini
Plastic Surgery 37 years experience
No test: There are no tests but if you have any scars on your body that are thick this may be an indication. Keloids tend to be more common in darker skinned individuals. If in doubt ask your doctor before you have a piercing.

Related questions

A 37-year-old member asked:
I've had this keloid for almost a year and it has gotten bigger over time. How can I get it treated?
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
A 36-year-old member asked:
How effective is it to get surgery for keloids?
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
A 16-year-old female asked:
How to get rid of a keloid fast?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Last updated Apr 17, 2014

People also asked

Related topics

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.