Norton, MA

Is asthma hereditary. my dad and sister have it. my dr wants to test me for it.

Dr. Tanya Russo
If you have symptoms: of asthma such as chronic cough, wheezing, shortness or breath or exercise intolerance and a family history of asthma, is would be especially important to be evaluated !
To some extent: Asthma is a complex disorder that has heavy genetic input along with a variety of triggering factors.Asthma can very in intensity over time in the individual patient and how various members of a "asthma" family express it. Some may have very mild cough variant asthma and never know it while others could require daily meds for control.Knowing if you have even a mild form helps your doc in treatment

Last updated Apr 11, 2017