U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Duncansville, PA
A 16-year-old female asked:

My doctor gave me an inhaler to try to help my breathing and its kinda helping with my asthma but my dad smokes around me & i think i have bronchitis?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Paul Carter
A Verified Doctoranswered
32 years experience
Asthma: Asthma symptoms are similar to bronchitis and are made worse by smoke exposure. Inhalers containing albuterol only help temporarily relieve symptoms without helping the cause. You may need a controller type inhaler to help with the cause. If your dad would quit smoking that would help too!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 16, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.