Irlanti

Type 1 diabetic actively exercising & healthy eating looking for right lantus (insulin glargine) dose.

Dr. Kathy Robinson
See endocrinologist: The best way for your doctor to determine your optimal insulin doses is for you to check your sugars before each meal and at bedtime. Write them down and take them to see your endocrinologist. Most type 1 diabetics need an endocrinologist for optimal management, though some primary care doctors are also very good at managing diabetes.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
If you have type 1 diabetes you would be much better off than with Lantus if you use an insulin pump.Your PCP or Endocrinologist can give you information on this and share with you the several pumps with which to control your diabetes. In the short term the cost is high but in the long term you will be glad you did this.
Nov 10, 2014
Dr. Thomas Knecht
33 years experience
Lantus (insulin glargine) dose: Hi. I applaud you for your healthy lifestyle and dedication to tight diabetes control. Finding the right Lantus (insulin glargine) dose can be trickier than people think, especially for an active type 1. I was on Lantus (insulin glargine) for about 6 years before going on CGM in 2006. CGM is THE perfect way to find the right Lantus (insulin glargine) dose, but not everyone uses CGM yet. Do you? My guess is no, or you'd have dialed in the right Lant dose
Last updated Nov 28, 2014