If you had to choose your specialty all over again, would you choose child psychiatry again?

9 doctors weighed in across 5 answers

???: I'm a pediatrician, not sure who this is intended for, or why ? May want to get a live consult with a child psych doc if this is something you need to know

Answered 11/9/2014

3.6k views

Yes: I really enjoy working with children & adolescents. A good basis in child psychiatry helps me with adults too.

Answered 4/11/2016

3.5k views

Yup: Child psychiatry has been a very rewarding speciality for me. I encouraged my daughter to do the same and she will be joining my practice this month.

Answered 5/1/2015

2.9k views

Dr. Krishna Kumar answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

Career Choice: Let Wise Person in you ask about Child Psychiatry:  Reasons to choose it  Satisfactions  Frustrations  Challenges  Problems with patients and their family  Lack of appreciation  Lack of fulfilment  Anxiety  Depression  You deserve a Professional career about which you have strong interest and passion and which will provide you Professional fulfilment.

Answered 12/1/2019

120 views

Yes , no doubt: I have never for a second been anything but really happy to have chosen child psychiatry as a career!!

Answered 12/2/2019

119 views