U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 44-year-old member asked:

Lost my health insurance & looking for a good over-the-counter diuretic alternative for dyazide (hydrocholorthiazide and triamterene) (triam/hctz).?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Harris Cohen
Family Medicine 22 years experience
OTC: In the us, there are no over-the counter diuretics. However, diuretics are priced very cheaply as most are generics, and most are included on 90-day drug lists at target, walmart, rite aid, etc.
Last updated Apr 16, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.