U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A female asked:

Hi, i'm a female. i started to loss hair after i gave birth to my 2nd child. it's been 8 years now. can i use the men hair regrowth treatment? thanks

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Lonnie Smith
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 41 years experience
Yes Rogaine (minoxidil): Rogaine (minoxidil) has a Men's and Women's Rogaine (minoxidil) formulation. The Mens is stronger at 5% and the Womens is 2% strength. You should try the 2% strength may be all you need. You can also see a Dermatologist for treatments and options.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 29, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.