A 25-year-old female asked about a 35-year-old female:

My baby is 6 months old but i want to try now for my second. my doctor and everyone say i should wait a year. i want to start now!! why must i wait?

That is because you: had a C-section on 4/30/2014. Giving the C-section scar a longer period to heal is better - especially if you desire to have a vaginal delivery for your next pregnancy. Take care.
Dr. John Munshower
If healthy, OK: If you are healthy, there is no reason you need to wait. I come form a family of 4 and we are all very close in age. All of us doctors will always er on the side of caution, and having some time for your body to recuperate form your last pregnancy is always not a bad thing. If you had a healthy pregnancy and are a healthy woman, you will be fine though. Best wishes.

Last updated Apr 3, 2016