U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Boca Raton, FL
A 62-year-old female asked:

I am currently taking benicar-hct 40 12.5. due to change in insurance i can't afford to fill prescriptions. can i change to benicar (olmesartan) w/otc water pill?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Stanley Berger
Cardiology 35 years experience
Follow close w/ doc: This is probably reasonable however I would recommend your be evaluated more frequently with your doctor until you both are sure this change is reasonable,
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 21, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.