A 25-year-old female asked about a 35-year-old female:

do baltic amber teething necklaces work for helping pain of teething? if so how?

Dr. Katharine Cox
Pediatric Emergency Medicine 45 years experience
Succinic Acid: It is a natural occurring substance in Baltic Amber that is felt to have soothing effects and helps with pain. The beads are carefully knotted and the necklace is worn tight to the skin to avoid the baby putting it in his mouth and choking. I would think this should only be worn with supervision. The risk in this case would out way the benefit if it was my baby. All the best/interesting question.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Perhaps: There's anecdotal evidence that the succinct acid in the Amber is soothing to irritated ridges, but I have no knowledge of any scientific investigations to prove the point.
Dr. Oswald Cameron-Morales
Dentistry 42 years experience
By personal experience crushed ice worked great for my three children. You can freeze natural juices in an ice bucket an use as needed. The coldness kind of numbs the gums and the crushed ice massages the gums. Anywhere you go you can find ice.
Oct 27, 2014

Last updated Nov 26, 2014