A member asked:

About two years ago i was out on androgel, i would like to get back to a testosterone supplement again. is there something better out now?

5 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Roy Arnold answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

First things first. Just because your T was low 2 years ago doesn't mean it still is. You should visit primary care and have it checked again. Because levels vary it should be remeasured twice about 3 weeks apart. If low on both, your doctor can prescribe supplement. There are 2 other gel products available now, plus patches or inj. Thanks for trusting HealthTap!

Answered Oct 25, 2014



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content
Dr. William Schmidt answered

Specializes in

I hope your physician ordered the androgel because your free testosterone was low, very low. So at this point you have no sperm and your ability to have children is gone. Why? Ask your doctor why and what you should be taking. It is possible your ability to produce testosterone on your own has gone away. Of course if there was low free testosterone than the replacement was appropriate.

Answered Oct 23, 2014



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor