OH

I noticed that i am getting a smell of antibiotics under my arms and it is bothering me. i am taking clindamycin for my teeth. is this normal?

Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dentistry 45 years experience
Vague: Question is why you are taking the clindamyucin. Is it for a tooth infection, gum infection or both. The clindamysin can also upset the stomach, so the smell may be secondary. But it may also be what you are ingesting in terms of food, beverages and supplements.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Please also know that antibiotics don't "cure" oral infections, just limit their spread until the cause of the infection can be clinically treated. You should already have treatment visits scheduled with your Dentist.
Oct 22, 2014

Last updated Oct 31, 2014