IL

cleaned black stuff off window sill in shower with water on cloth, then washed hands with body soap & used hand to clean private area. could black stuff get to or have harmed baby? 31 weeks pregnant

Dr. Ashu Syal
Pediatric Nephrology and Dialysis 30 years experience
Mold: The only way mold could harm you or your baby --- would be --- if you breathe it in. Contact ( touch) doesn't make it invade our body through skin--- esp after you wash hands
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Mildew: You washed your hands afterwards and you are likely safe. Relax. Good handwashing is a safe, sane, and healthy practice for both you and the baby. Keep it up!
Dr. Forrest Jones
Specializes in Family Medicine
Not likely: "Black stuff" on sill sounds like mold. This would not directly affect your baby still in the womb, but might indirectly harm the baby if the mold harms you (severe respiratory reaction, for example). Mold is dangerous, & certainly will be a direct danger to your little one once he or she is born. Please get that sill checked & treated for mold immediately.