Canada

i'm having problems with waking up at 2am from auditory hallucinations. they're loud and usually a phone dining when no one called. is this normal?

Dr. Susan Rhoads
Dreaming: If you are asleep when you hear this, it is not auditory hallucinations, but a dream. A hallucination occurs when awake. Sometimes people do have recurrent dreams of the same type. Avoid caffeine, eating, recreational drugs, large amounts of alcohol, and exercise right before bed (within 4 hours). If you are having hallucinations (hearing things when awake), you ned to see your doctor ASAP.