I got a yeast infection while taking cipro (ciprofloxacin) for uti. should i stop taking cipro (ciprofloxacin) and treat my yeast infection with an otc med or take both @ same time?

Dr. Linda Bernstein
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Both: It is important to finish your antibiotics to ensure that you get rid of the UTI or it may come back again or get worse . You can do an otc yeast treatment at the same time without any harm
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
family medicine 16 years experience
Can use both.: I wouldn't stop the antibiotic unless you've consulted your doctor first. Yeast infections can definitely be a result of antibiotic use. You can use both the over the counter yeast infection treatment and the Cipro (ciprofloxacin) at the same time. Good luck!
Last updated Oct 23, 2018