i just got a root canal done on my second to last top tooth on the right side of my mouth yesterday , will i be able to get my braces thursday ?

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
Unknown: Your orthodontist may want to wait until that tooth is restored before starting your orthodontic care. Since it is unknown what restorative treatment is planned, it's best to have your dentist consult with your orthodontist as to the timing and sequence of care. At that point, you can ask one of them.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
It is possible to place attachments on all teeth except the RC-treated tooth, adding it to the assemblage once a good temporary restoration has been placed. Note: Final restoration best done after occlusion has been corrected.
Oct 20, 2014
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Ask: Ask your Orthodontic Specialist to consult with your Endodontist and your Restorative Dentist. This is a decision to be made by the treatment team, not by the calendar.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 36 years experience
Not likely: Because the standard of care is that the restoration to seal the tooth (filling or crown) must be started within 4 weeks, after completion of the root canal.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Oct 20, 2014
Dr. Robert Douglas
Orthodontics 51 years experience
I agree with Dr. Malerman. I would place the rest of the braces but avoid that area for a visit to allow things to settle down.
Sep 18, 2016
Dr. Hilary Baskin
Orthodontics 28 years experience
Ask dentist: They will be the best to assess when you are ready.
Dr. Randolph Todd
Endodontics 44 years experience
Discuss with yourDDS: Endodontic treatment should not delay your orthodontic care. However be sure that the tooth has returned to a comfortable condition before beginning the orthodontic treatment to avoid misinterpreting orthodontic soreness with post endodontic recovery. Good luck