New York, NY

having dry skin problems behind my ears, beside my nose, on my eyebrows.it is very consistent. what is it caused from and what is the possible cure?

Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dermatology 19 years experience
Seb derm: Seborrheic dermatitis (seb derm) is a chronic intermittent rash typically affecting the face, ears, scalp, & trunk. This condition is believed to result from overactive sebaceous glands (seborrhea) & inflammation. The mainstay of treatment includes topical anti-fungal agents alone or in combination with topical steroids. Recommend that you see a dermatologist to get it under control.

Last updated Nov 2, 2016