U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 51-year-old female asked:

Take meds for anxiety/panic disorder.i still have fast heart rate and it hurts like it going to explode. dr said heart is ok.what else can i do?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. James Burns
Emergency Medicine 39 years experience
At your age: The first recommendation would be to see a cardiologist. At 51 cardiac disease needs to be aggressively ruled out before attributing your symptoms to another source
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 5, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.