U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 37-year-old member asked:

My eyes get extremely dry and irritated. it blurs my vision, and i myself get irritated easily. any treatments?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Nazhat Sharma
Ophthalmology 59 years experience
Dry eyes syndrome: Is a common and irritatating condition. The dryness is from lack of oily secretions in the eye. Usually the eyes water a lot that does not cause lubricationhence the blurred vision and sensation of a foreign body in the eyes. Use of artificial ters like Systane Refresh etc can give temporary relief. The cure for Dry eyes is a prescription medicine called Restasis. When it comes to eye pain, don't take chances — see your eye doctor as soon as possible to determine the exact cause and get prompt treatment.

Similar questions

A 36-year-old member asked:

What do you suggest if my eyes get extremely dry and irritated. it blurs my vision, and I myself get irritated easily. is there a permanent fix?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Harold Peltan
Ophthalmology 29 years experience
Dry eyes: Get to a specialist eye MD. There are many treatment, depending on the underlying cause. Some of them are permanent like silicon punctum plugs. The effect of Restasis eye drops can be long lasting.
Last updated Oct 5, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.