Because ipl for dry eye is not covered by insurance, is there a list of doctors that provide this treatment for me to call and get price of treatment?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Nancy Appelblatt answered

Specializes in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery

If it is intense pulsed light(laser) , how is this supposed to help dry eye? In any event, i would call and or check on the web the american academy of ophthmalogy, and also the mayo clinic dry eye page.

Answered Jan 18, 2014

5k views

Dr. George Yang answered

Specializes in Ophthalmology

Ipl is cutting edge technology for treating a specific cause of dry eyes called meibomitis. There are no fda trials suggesting its efficacy, only anecdotal reports. I usually reserve this option until after all other treatment modalities have been exhausted. Also, any decreased tear production needs to be addressed as a separate entity as well. Good luck.

Answered Sep 16, 2013

4.9k views