My test says my chromosomes are perfect but my thrombophilia was showing "above average" - what does this mean?

Dr. Lawrence Presant
Phlebology 42 years experience
Thrombophilia genes: Thrombophilia you refer to is the inheirited type of tendency to form blood clotting. This is due to certain gene defects affecting clotting factor levels necessary in the reactions for clot formation. Above average is a nebulous term. See a physician familiar with this or a hematologist to evaluate just what level is your risk. You will be asked about blood clot or miscarriages in family history.
Pathology 45 years experience
Nothing: This is not a standard term ("above average") and I'm concerned that there's some confusion or misinformation. Some folks' blood is naturally more prone to clot than others'; when it's especially prone and there's an increased risk of serious blood clots, we speak of "thrombophilia". We have some screening tests for this but much is unknown, including how best to manage most such folks.