is buspar (buspirone) and propranolol safe together? pro is great for my bp and panic and buspar (buspirone) works for my anxiety. is the combo safe?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Lynne Weixel
35 years experience Clinical Psychology
And the rest?: The biggest risk is Buspar (buspirone) and Sertraline for Serotonin Syndrome. The others all have at least a warning to watch for effects of dizziness, drowsiness, lowering blood pressure too much - fainting, etc. Don't mix too many medications - it's hard to tell what's happening and can really mess you up. Consider a therapist to talk about your needs with and to do it scientifically so you'll know results.
Answered on Sep 10, 2018
1
Dr. Sonia Chadha
Specializes in Family Medicine
Yes, safe: Hi Brad Very good question. It is always a good idea to check med interactions before starting a new med. These two medications are safe to take together and do not have any documented interactions.
Answered on Jul 20, 2018
1
2
Dr. Lynne Weixel
35 years experience Clinical Psychology
Just to be sure - I wonder if Dr Chandha noticed your other listed meds. I fear not.
Oct 3, 2014