Hialeah, FL

I got tested for rheumatoid factors. my results was 12 ui/ml i'm 19 yr old and my mom has lupus. i was told this is a high number for my age? true?

Dr. John Goldman
Rheumatology 56 years experience
Depends on the lab: The result may be normal. The level depends on how the lab does the test and what their normal levels are. Remember that relatives of people with Rheumatoid Arthritis can also have positive Rheumatoid Factor and not have Rheumatoid Arthritis.. This suggests that there are some genetic factors or immunogenetic (immunology of the genetic system) factors that are invovled
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 25, 2014