Tacoma, WA

Hit my head 4 days ago on my desk still have a big bump and constant headache. should i be worried about a concussion? i also have hydrocephalus

Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental and Behavioral 51 years experience
I think the better : part of valor is to see your neurologist or neurosurgeon & have yet another MRI. I have a grandson who has a shunt for hydrocephalus. There's just no better way to be safe than to get a persistent headache checked out. You don't have to lose consciousness to have a concussion. Then again, the HA may be related to some sort of shunt malfunction. Tiresome, I know, but well worth it.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Olav Jaren
Neurology 20 years experience
Outside or inside: If you have a concussion, it should be minor, and you should not worry. A headache may be caused by many things. You have a bump on your scalp? that can be the source of your pain. Perhaps it is merely an external injury. Give it some time and let us know if there are any unexpected problems.
Last updated Jun 26, 2018