Hit my head 4 days ago on my desk still have a big bump and constant headache. should i be worried about a concussion? i also have hydrocephalus

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Johanna Fricke answered

Specializes in Pediatrics - Developmental and Behavioral

part of valor is to see your neurologist or neurosurgeon & have yet another MRI. I have a grandson who has a shunt for hydrocephalus. There's just no better way to be safe than to get a persistent headache checked out. You don't have to lose consciousness to have a concussion. Then again, the HA may be related to some sort of shunt malfunction. Tiresome, I know, but well worth it.

Answered Sep 23, 2014

3.7k views