Looking thru a scope of a 308 and the blow back hit me n forehead. bump and bleeding a little. concussion? i feel ok just a little headache, disore

Dr. Gehrig Harris
Mild concussion: You don't have to be "knocked out" to have a concussion. Many of the symptoms of a concussion are pretty subtle and can take days to manifest. In your case you c/o headache and feeling disoriented which are both concussion symptoms. Watch for irritability, memory problems, sleep problems or sensitivity to light and you should see your doctor as soon as possible. Go to the ER if you have no doctor
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Phillip Goebel
Emergency Medicine 17 years experience
Concussion: With headache and disorientation you likely have a mild concussion.
Dr. Eric Weisman
Neurology 37 years experience
Dizzy?: I take it a 308 is either a gun or a submarine. You don't have to be knocked out to have a concussion. Feeling dizzy, dazed, addled, disoriented or slow in speech or thinking is cause to institute concussion precautions and an evaluation. The bump and bleeding is unfortunate but not part of the consideration with the diagnosis of concussion (you may however need first aid or even stitches)
Last updated May 23, 2016