What to do if i have rings around my eyes when i was a preteen. if you have kayser-fleischer rings does it mean you have wilsons disease or could it be something normal?

Dr. Mark Fisher
Neurology 34 years experience
Let's sort this out: You had rings around your IRISES (actually the plural is irides, but never mind), not your "eyes" (like a raccoon) when you were young and they went away? That's the opposite of what happens with Kayser-Fleischer rings. If you're normal at 35, you don't have Wilson's disease. What to do is nothing. Give my regards to Broad Street. (My compliments for spelling Kayser-Fleischer correctly, BTW.)

Last updated May 17, 2016