Sprained my ankle 3-4 weeks ago and it is still sore. The ATL is still swollen and I've noticed that the PTL has now started swelling as well. Normal?

Dr. Daniel Goldman
26 years experience in Internal Medicine
Yes: It can take up to 6 weeks for a bad ankle sprain to heal. I advise taking Aleve (naproxen) 2 tabs twice daily with food x 10 days, rest, ACE bandage wrap for support x 10 days. If it is no better in 2 weeks, then you need to be seen by a doctor for an evaluation, or sooner if it gets worse.
Answered on Sep 23, 2014
1

Have health concerns or questions and need access to a doctor? HealthTap has you covered.