NJ

Right calf is sore to touch only for 3 weeks. negative dvt ultrasound. soreness worse in the morning. what could it be?

Dr. James Rochester
Several Things: Overuse injury to calf muscles would be at the top of my list. Could also be a superficial phlebitis or inflammation of the superficial veins in the calf (which can cause pain). Thing like shingles come to mind if any rash present. As you can see the list can be rather long. A good history and exam would be helpful. No DVT is a good thing. Consider PT eval and tx. Re image if no better 3wks
Dr. Norman Chideckel
Vascular Surgery 42 years experience
Calf pain: sounds mostly like a muscle strain, and the reason why its causing more discomfort in the morning is because of inactivity during the nighttime.. If it still problematic I would recommend seeing an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in sports medicine. This could occur as result of vigorous muscular activity.

Last updated Feb 22, 2017