RO

just brushed my teeth and i also found blood! i am afraid of the dentist so i hide this from my mom... what should i do? is this bad? thanks.

Dr. David Satloff
Pain Management 40 years experience
Gingivitis: gingivitis is the initial stage of periodontal disease . You need to floss your teeth twice daily.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
Bleeding gums: At your age it should be easy to establish healthy gums and stop the bleeding. Early detection, proper oral hygiene (tooth brushing and flossing) along with removal of hard deposits of calculus (tartar) are essential to improvement. Modern dental treatment can be completely pain free. Be smart and get this resolved. Not seeking proper dental care will only result in more serious problems.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Yes: But it's easily and painlessly fixed. Please let your Mom low so that she can make an appointment with your Dentist to determine what's causing the bleeding (probably gum infection that will only get worse with neglect) discuss the appropriate treatment plan with you and your Mom, and discuss your fears and how they can be addressed. This is not a hard fix if you address it now.