Puerto Rico

are pumpkin seed good for me?

Dr. David Satloff
Pain Management 40 years experience
Yes: seeds are an integral part of the Paleio diet

Do pumpkin seeds provide any health benefits?

Dr. David Hettinger
Podiatry 36 years experience
There are many...: Pumpkin seeds are the only seed that is alkaline-forming; in this world of highly acidic diets, that is a very good thing. They are a good source of vitamins, minerals, protein, amino acids, beneficial oils, etc. They are a good source of roughage as well, promoting digestive tract health. Not to mention they are delicious! don't throw those seeds away after cleaning out yout jack-o-lantern!
Palo Alto, CA

What are the health benefits of pumpkin seeds?

Dr. David Hettinger
Podiatry 36 years experience

Is it possible for you to salmonella from eating raw pumpkin?

Dr. Ronald Krauser
No: No it is not. Undercooked or raw eggs or chicken are the major sources.

Are pumpkin seed shells edible?

Dr. Martin Fried
General Practice 36 years experience
Yes: Pumpkin seed shells are edible- they probably test best when toasted in an oven. You might even try adding a salt free fat free seasoning for additional taste.
TT

My son is 5mths will be 6mths on the 16th. Is it ok to start giving him pumpkin and othersoft foods to eat. He's always reaching for my plate?

Dr. Lori Semel
Yes: But you need to introduce things slowly. I like to give the same thing every day for three days to make sure there is no reaction before moving on to the next food. Try also to either use jar foods or stick to things that are not higly seasoned or high in sugar content.

Last updated Nov 14, 2014