Compton, CA

I get pain from my buttocks and down my leg, but i also get the burning sensation in my hands, arms and shoulders. is this also by the sciatica?

Dr. Chirag Patel
Specializes in Neurology
No: Sciatica may only apply to the symptoms in your legs. For a full evaluation, see your primary care physician, who might end up referring you to a neurologist. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/sciatica.html
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Felix Brizuela
Neurology 34 years experience
No: sciatica refers to pain in the sciatic nerve region, usually starting in the low back or buttocks and shooting down either leg. You having symptoms of neuropathy, or disease of nerves. I would see a Neurologist
Last updated Dec 13, 2014