GB

I have anxiety/panic attacks ive been to see a heart specialist he says he can hear a murmer on my heart could this be the cause.

Dr. Bennett Werner
Cardiology 46 years experience
No: Absolutely not. There's no relationship between a murmur from any cause and panic attacks. Moreover, many murmurs are innocent. If you want to know the cause of your murmur, ask for an echocardiogram. Since it apparently wasn't spontaneously offered to you, you may discover that it is entirely incidental and of no consequence.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 3, 2017