breast cancer, 2 tumors, one 1.4x1.7, the other .5. biopsy states idc, er+, pr- and her2 neg. ki67 score 50 treatment mastectomy, chemo and tamoxifen. what are your thoughs on treatment??? patient is 32 years old

Dr. Carrie Cannon
Appropriate: That is a young age to be diagnosed with breast cancer. Fortunately, it was diagnosed and is ER+ which makes it easier to treat. The prescribed treatment sounds appropriate. I would also want to know BRCA I and II status and family history to see if a double mastectomy is warranted and if ovarian cancer is also a risk.
Answered on Feb 1, 2015
1