Auburn, WA

I think i may have a stomach bug. i've been nauseous and have thrown up 2 times and have had diarrhea all day. should i take immodium? this sucks.

Dr. Jonathan Jassey
Gastroenteritis: Yes it does. I normally don't recommend taking Immodium if you can avoid it, bc if you had food poisoning you can trap the bacteria inside you and can take that much longer to get better. Do the BRAT (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast) diet and drink plenty of fluids, and hopefully this is the stomach bug of the 24-48 variety and you feel better soon.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 23, 2017