I have HSV2 genitally but get the prodromal sore skin, nerve pain on arms and most recently face, eye, nose. Worried HSV is moving up my spine somehow?

Dr. Dariush Saghafi
32 years experience in Neurology
Could be expressing: ....through different cutaneous nerve distributions but not necessarily because it's "MOVING UP" This is not "flesh eating bacteria or venom from a snake bite that slowly disperses. Once a person has HSV you can consider your entire milieu as harboring viral particles. Where they decide to express themselves is variable. You may've been innoculated anywhere FIRST.. See your doctor for evaluation.
Answered on Sep 5, 2014