Pontiac, MI

i have pneumonia i been on antibiotics for 4 days i dont feel much better and my cough is really bad should i go back to the er ?

Dr. Elizabeth Wallen
Yes, : I would at least check in with him or her. Full blown pneumonia can take a while to shake but I would think you would be feeling at least a little bit better by now. Especially check in if you also have some other chronic medical conditions like diabetes or asthma.
Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 56 years experience
Pneumonia: It would probably be a more practical solution to be seen by a family doctor (family practice or internist) rather than going to the ER. The ER doctors are less likely to familiar with failures of therapy and how to manage these. But it does sound as if you should be seen. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Dr. Elizabeth Wallen
I agree. I missed that you were seen in the ER. I saw ER and thought Dr. I would contact your regular physician. You may feel crummy but it is not an emergency.
Sep 2, 2014
Dr. Vahe Yetimyan
General Practice 51 years experience
You should feel: little better by now. Follow up by your doctor instead of going to ER unless you have an emergency such as difficulty to breath. You may need your treatment to be reviewed such as ordering additional test ( sputum and blood culture). Antibiotic may need to be changed depending the tests result. You may also be referred to a lung specialist by your local doctor.

Last updated Sep 2, 2014